Friday, June 26, 2009

Dartmouth Reunion Part II






A slight family resemblance.














This was taken around 10:30 at night, and one of us was tired.

















I like the timelessness of this image. It was taken through the old, wavy glass of a third-story window in Baker Library.














Taken through a particularly wavy pane. The graphic designer in me is always looking for images that will not simply convey the facts, but also the feeling of a moment.












The high ISO was totally helpful for the street dance. The band, Flash Cadillac, was great. They had me dancing as I was making pictures, and I don't dance.





















5 comments:

  1. I'd say you do so dance, through your photographs!
    This is so exciting, what a wonderful idea.
    Jeff, this is great!--Susan Bell

    ReplyDelete
  2. 6400 ISO! You could capture what people are thinking with "film" that fast. These are excellent images. I think it's the first time Carlotta and I have ever regretted not attending a Dartmouth reunion. More! More!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work Jeff! I love the image of the women who are having too much fun - it really evokes that giddy-to-the-point-of-tears feeling of good times with old friends. The wavy glass images are striking, conveying the seperation of the observer from the observed. Thank you! Deb Maynard

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jeff,

    I'm thrilled that you have this workshop opportunity! Enjoy! I love the photo of the woman with the long dress in black and white or sepia? It look a bit looking at it to discover the nose of the dog. I enjoy the whole thing - but especially like not knowing who the woman is.Esther

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jeff, looks like life is good for you....we can see it in your photo's. It's very enjoyable for us. Thanks for sharing them. Look forward to seeing you and Leslie soon.

    Al & Lori

    ReplyDelete